Direct E Cig - Direct Ecig

Issue not resolved

Buyer Beware:

Be careful when you order the introductory Ecig from this company.In small print of disclaimers they will bill you an additonal $89.95 after the first 14 days if you did not call to cancel!

Apparently this happens quite often as the operator who took my call didn't even hesitate. This company is not one I would ever recommend. In fact, I would have continued ordering the product from this company of my choice if given the chance.

However, they take it upon themselves to order for you.Very disapointed again on how these companies will take advantage of you!

d5a3b35 review #192782
0 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue0 Comments24 Report
Had an experience with Direct E Cig?  Submit review about this company
Rick

Nov 17, 2011

I made the mistake of ordering the ecig trial kit for 4.95. I read everything that I could find and nothing was said about having to call in 14days. They did however sign me up with two other companies at the same time. I had to call customer service and cancel if I didn't want them. One had already charged my account $1.95. I told themm I did not authorize this and to put it back, which they did. This morning I found that they took $99.99 out of my account. I am usually easy going but with this I was lucid. I called them and told them to put my money back in the account. The lady finally agreed to 59.99 back and I said no. I want all my money back as I did not authorize this. She asked if I had read the terms and conditions. I told her I read everything that I could find before ordering and found nothing saying I would be charged this amount after 14 days. Nothing even on the booklet or my bill showed this either. When I tried the product I almost choked to death. My throat and lungs were raw for 3 days so there is no way I would have re-ordered this. The lady finally agreed to return my money then said would take 7-10 days to do so. I told her no. It took you 2 seconds to take it out so put it back, now. She agreed and finally said that I could keep the trial kit as a free gift. I told her that it was to end up in the trash. She then tried to give me codes showing it was taken care of. her English was so bad I could not understand her use of letters. She called a "K" a... Show more

ruby

Jul 09, 2011

I forgot they just called me today, I ordered this thing in February and it is July they are a bunch of frauds waiting to *** wash someone else but not me why in the *** did it take them solong to get up with me, sorry you are through. I will not be run over by your lies :upset

ruby

Jul 09, 2011

I aam glad I found out in time because they were about to take 109.00 out of my account for 9.95.they lie to make money then drain your bank account but not mine.I saw nothing on my pack said to send it back that is contamination but if that is what they want they can surely get it back

Terri

Feb 01, 2011

I have gotten the same treatment. I called 2 months ago to have them stop sending these horrible things. Of coure, now I have received 3 more pkg. Their phone number no longer works and neither does their e-mail. I guess I will have to cancel my credit card, or get a new card number. :cry

iridian

Jan 24, 2011

I also got ripped by this company and was treated very poorly.That $4.95 turns in to almost $50.00 when you return it!The worst customer service I have ever dealt with.
I was also charged for the owners manual, which I never received and I emailed them as soon as I opened package. 4 of my friends also returned theirs.
Check your options on electronic cigs. i got a way way way better deal at the tobacco shop by my house and it's local! NO shipping cost!

BEWARE of directEcig!

Rachel

Jan 23, 2011

It seems Greg and Jeff (above) must be part of the scam. How you saw so clearly that there was a 14 day trial is beyond me. How much of our money are you getting slipped into your pockets for being just plain ol' idiots???

Noah

Jan 18, 2011

I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE! Calling my bank tomorrow to have them blocked from my account. THANK YOU!

I just Google'ed the address for the company... it's the middle of a highway.

deeplaker77

Jan 12, 2011

My mistake in ordering the free trial was not checking the web. There must be thousands of complaints about this company. You have 14 days for the trial and must call them for a return authorization number. But, I called and only got a recorded message to please hold for the next available agent. I ate dinner and washed dishes while on hold. No agent ever became available, but someone was available to put a $109 charge on my credit card. If the big prints says "free trial," reputable companies would disclose the $109 charge after 14 days in large print also. This company clearly wanted to hide that, which clearly makes this a scam.

Mellanie

Jan 05, 2011

I orderec this ptoduct before Christmas and attempted to return it before 14 business days were up. I was informed, after repeatedly trying to contact them over the holidays that the 14 days started the day I ordered and all calander days counted. I have 4 e-mails I sent them and phone records for the calls I attempted to make. A very rude person informed me they were closed for the holidays, but those days still counted as my 14. I sent them back their product, filed a compolaint weith the BBB and an contesting it on my credit card! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! Their product is sub-standard and I have since ordered a much better product! This is a SCAM!

Dan

Dec 10, 2010

Same deal with me. No where on the site I used was there information about the 14 day trial. I found various versions of their offer all over the web. Some had the fine print well below where you put in your information and credit card number and where you pressed a "send" button. You would not know it was there unless you scrolled to the bottom of the page. But I don't think I even had that on the site I used. The day after I ordered they called me by phone to confirm the offer and ask me which strength cartridge I wanted. This is probably part of the scam. The worst part is that this is a very cheaply made, poorly performing ecigarette that costs about 5-10 times as much as comparable products.

KAN23

Dec 06, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I would like to hear more about your experience with Direct E-Cig and talk about a potential lawsuit. Can you please e-mail me at KAN9301@gmail.com ?

Kristen

Jeff

Dec 02, 2010

Thank you, Greg. I'm glad someone besides actually noticed the t&c or even took the time to look for them. You people can't be upset because you lured in by the "free" part and didn't bother reading any further.

Greg

Dec 01, 2010

You people are really pathetic. I ordered the trial and it was so clear that at the end of the trial period if you didn't like it you could cancel - if you didn't cancel the you liked it and pay for it.

Just a bunch of freeloaders.

Alitzah

Nov 29, 2010

They got me too! I am soooo pissed. I am filing a complaint with the BBB, I was wondering if anyone was able to get their money back. 109.90 out of my checking account right at the holiday buying season and I have very little income right now.

Montgomery

Nov 27, 2010 Killingworth, Connecticut

I did file a complaint with the BBB-there is a spot where they have a terms of service but I never saw that and I certainly never clicked on anything saying that I understood I would be billed 109.90 in less that 14 days.
Very frustrated-please people take the time to file with the BBB it does not take that long.

Montgomery

Nov 27, 2010 Killingworth, Connecticut

I feel so *** as not to have caught the terms of service at the very bottom. I was charged 109.90-just very glad I had that amount in my account. Of course there are no returns once their little package has shipped.
To make it worse-yes, you can feel a nicotine fix BUT it is very harsh on the throat and the smell is metalic. Now I will be stuck with 110.00 of something I won't use. Dang I feel like a fool.

Benny Kast

Nov 22, 2010

Same here, emailed to cancel then got billed for 109.90. I'm reporting to bbb also. WHAT A SCAM!!!!

josh

Nov 19, 2010

You should dispute the charges with your bank

David Setterlund

Nov 17, 2010

I was one of many falling into DIRECT ECIG's trap. Pretty low level ethics in their marketing scheme.

Tomas

Nov 12, 2010

I filed with the Better Business Bureau! I encourage everyone to do the same! It is easy to do online and doesn't take long!

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.