I ordered Direct E-cig on line.I saw there was a 14 day trial period.

My package was delivered on 12/23/2010. I was not satisfied with the product. I tried to call the number listed on the package and got a busy signal day and night. Finally today, I was able to get through to a live person, only to find out that the 14 day trial offer began from the day that I ordered this *** and not the day it was delivered.

Now, they have taken $110 from my checking account.

They would not refund my money and I offered to have the product shipped back to them.These people do not care about customer service and their product sucks.

Had an Experience with Direct E Cig?

Comments

Same cituation as others.Tried $4.95 trial kit.

Did not notice anything about consenting to future orders. If it was there it was well hidden. Next thing I know there's a charge for 109.90 on my account. I called but, they would not give me a refund.

I refused the delivery but they have that covered as well. Most suspicious is that the billing conformation they sent for the $109.90 went to my SPAM box, even though other emails from the same email address (both before and after) went to my Inbox. It would not surprise me if they have inserted a key word in the body of the email that they know the SPAM filter will pick up, and which buys them some time since most people don't check their SPAM box every day. The billing statement was 4 days before the charge appeared in my account.

1 day over the 3 day cancellation period.At which point there is no refund even if you refuse or return the shipment unopened.

Winsy1

I filed a complaint with the FL BBB and Attorney Generals office. Getting ready to file another formal complaint with the FTC.I also spoke with a consumer complaint attorney and he stated that if the "Terms" of the 14-day trial period were not listed on the ordering page then it should fall under the "common usage” term of free trial, which would be 14 days from receipt of the product.(Easy to verify, as you must sign for it) E-Cig took an UN-AUTHORIZED withdrawal of 109.90 from my account before my 14 days was even up. I never enrolled in their "Saver Plan" nor authorized further withdraws from my acct. I was told by Monique at E-Cig that a partial refund would be made in the amt of 99.95 and that the refund amt would be listed in her emails however when I received her emails with the two RMA numbers it states I must have the items post marked within three days of receipt of her emails and no refund amt was listed.I have not received the additional items they billed me for and was told NOT to mail it until I received them...it will be long past their three-day limit.It appears to be another scam to refuse refund of any kind. No response to my email asking for direct answers to my questions about their 3 day rule and refund amount.

“Direct E-Cig Money Saver Plan:

In order to offer you the best price on your cartridges and insure an uninterrupted supply, if you enroll in the Money Saver Plan you will start receiving monthly shipments beginning 30 days...

If you wish to cancel your enrollment for future deliveries of the product you must call 1-888-217-9026 prior to your next monthly shipment. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO REFUNDS ON THE CARTRIDGES ONCE SHIPPED- NO EXCEPTIONS."

ENROLLMENT implies that a person signed up for it. Not only did I NOT sign up for it, I did not authorize removal of funds for it from my account. Class action suit? A change in the Consumer Protection Laws? Count me in!

go go www.directecigscams.com - there is a lot of good information about how to contact the owners of this fraud business.

I was totally taken by the scam - but found a lot of good info on www.directecigSCAMS.com

ATTENTION: PURCHASERS OF DIRECT E-CIG OR OTHER E-CIGARETTE "TRIAL OFFER" PRODUCTS--We are a law firm with attorneys admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New York, District of Columbia, Georgia and West Virginia.We have also appeared in matters in California, Delaware and Florida.

We are interested in hearing about potential wrongfully charged credit cards or debit cards arising from the purchase of "trial offer" e-cigarette products which were supposed to be mailed to the buyer for $0.00 plus $4.95 to $14.95 for "shipping and handling". We understand from this board and other sources that purchasers of the $0.00 "trial offer" were subsequently charged $109.90 or more and then every month for e-cigarette cartridges they did not believe they had ever requested. We may be able to represent you in a class action lawsuit against the responsible parties. There would be no fee to you unless there is a recovery.

Please contact me at the email address indicated to discuss your potential claim.jonathan@steelcitylawyers.com

ATTENTION: PURCHASERS OF DIRECT E-CIG OR OTHER E-CIGARETTE "TRIAL OFFER" PRODUCTS--We are a law firm with attorneys admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New York, District of Columbia, Georgia and West Virginia.We have also appeared in matters in Florida.