Direct E Cig - Fraud, deliberate intent to mislead the consumer.
I did NOT knowingly authorize this company to charge my credit card for the amount of 109.90 or knowingly enter into a 14 day trial offer. Their ADVERSTISMENT on their website is deliberately misleading and designed to deceive customers.
The fine print is displayed in an off-white and very small font on the actual order page and not the actual product page. I have snapshots clearly showing the deceitful practice.
When I called and complained they quickly offered a $50 refund however I said I wanted to check with my bank first. Unfortunately my bank was not able to file the dispute because the fine print was present at the time I placed the order. Apparently it does not matter that the fine print was illegible.
The merchant then withdrew the $50 refund offer feeling emboldened by my bank's inability to file a dispute. When I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor I was told there isn't one available, when I asked when one will be available the representative said she doesn't know. When I insisted, she hung up on me.
This clearly demonstrates the intent by this merchant to trap and defraud consumers by using loopholes in the laws regarding Font Color and Font Size in advertisements. Someone has to jump in and defend consumers from predators like eCig.
Please do not do business with this merchant unless you are able to read the fine print regarding the terms of the trial offer.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Electronic Cigarette
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "There are facebook groups popping up all over the country for local swap and sell. If you see Scentsy reps on yours selling bars and bricks at half cost, beware!..."
- "This is second deep dish and third stoneware piece to crack in half while baking!! Calked customer service and since it was replaced once it cannot be replaced again! I'm..."
- "I bought a pair of Columbia "Titanium" winter boots which feature a waterproof rubber front toe that is sewn to the leather upper material. The weak point of these boots..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "The leather of my furniture start peeling and when I call the customer support first they said that my furniture has only one year of warranty but in one..."
- "A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due..."