Direct E Cig - Snapshot of actual misleading fine print
I did NOT knowingly authorize this company to charge my credit card for the amount of 109.90 or knowingly enter into a 14 day trial offer. Their ADVERSTISMENT on their website is deliberately misleading and designed to deceive customers.
The fine print is displayed in an off-white and very small font on the actual order page and not the actual product page. I have snapshots clearly showing the deceitful practice.
When I called and complained they quickly offered a $50 refund however I said I wanted to check with my bank first. Unfortunately my bank was not able to file the dispute because the fine print was present at the time I placed the order. Apparently it does not matter that the fine print was illegible.
The merchant then withdrew the $50 refund offer feeling emboldened by my bank's inability to file a dispute. When I called back and asked to speak with a supervisor I was told there isn't one available, when I asked when one will be available the representative said she doesn't know. When I insisted, she hung up on me.
This clearly demonstrates the intent by this merchant to trap and defraud consumers by using loopholes in the laws regarding Font Color and Font Size in advertisements. Someone has to jump in and defend consumers from predators like eCig.
Please do not do business with this merchant unless you are able to read the fine print regarding the terms of the trial offer.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Electronic Cigarette
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I rarely post comments on the Internet but felt compelled to respond to the negative comments about Enagic USA. Enagic Electrolysis Water Generators are distributed through a network marketing compensation..."
- "I purchased furniture with a tag that reads, hobby lobby warehouse reorder furniture $149.99. Furniture Always 30% off, Your price is $104.99 . My 40% coupon was refused at their..."
- "The scentsy clean breeze room spray ate through the sealer on our custom concrete countertops.....over $1000 to re surface......."
- "Where do I begin? I am highly dissapointed I hear terrible reviews about walmart but did not believe them. Now I am a believer of the terrible and horrible customer..."
- "Please stay away from this place and all other locations. My cat was taken in for a routine scheduled teeth cleaning and died. She was put under sedation, which she..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."